MOBILE PHONES DRIVING PEDESTRIANS TO DISTRACTION, AND DANGER
This poster was developed in 2016 and is a joint initiative of ten Northern Sydney Councils, including Hornsby, Ku-ring-gai, Lane Cove, Manly, Mosman, North Sydney, Pittwater, Ryde, Warringah and Willoughby, in conjunction with Roads & Maritime Services. Distracted_mr_2016
Local councils are working together in a bid to make pedestrians aware of the dangers of distraction while using mobile devices when they are out and about.
7 Pedestrian Safety Tips are:
• Head up. Phone down
• Don’t walk and text
• Be especially aware in heavily trafficked areas
• If you do need to text, move to one side of the footpath, stop, then text
• Always use pedestrian crossings, if available
• Never assume an approaching driver can see you or will stop
• At intersections, check for turning vehicles before you leave the kerb.